Mick Schaible, MAI is the Chief Appraiser of Vanguard Appraisal Services, a professional real estate appraisal and consulting firm with offices located in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
- 1981 B.S. with honors from Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York
Professional Designations and Licenses:
- MAI, Member of the Appraisal Institute, Member No. 9910
- SCGREA, State of New Jersey, Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, License No. RG 00282
Vanguard Appraisal Services Chief Appraiser/Consultant since 1992
Koeppel Tener Riguardi, Inc., Central Atlantic Office, Senior Appraiser/Consultant (1990-1992)
- Mr. Schaible was responsible for real estate appraisal/consulting services for all types of complex, large-scale, real property. All assignments were prepared at the highest level of quality, and all were prepared in conformance with the requirements of the FIRREA Act of the Code of Federal Regulations and the Standards of Professional Practice of the Appraisal Institute.
- Appraisal assignments were primarily located in the Central Atlantic States, and were concentrated in New Jersey and the tri-state region. Most frequent clients consisted of financial institutions, government institutions, and private developers. Properties most frequently analyzed included shopping malls, hotels and motels, industrials, residential subdivisions, and special purpose properties.
City Federal Savings Bank, Senior Appraiser/Consultant, Major Properties (1984-1990)
- Mr. Schaible was responsible for appraising, engaging appraisers and reviewing real estate appraisals for the commercial property portfolio of one of New Jersey’s largest financial institutions. The appraisal conclusions and analyses were conveyed to the institution’s senior officials and governmental oversight groups in both narrative reports and oral presentations.
- Appraisal assignments were primarily located in the tri-state region and were concentrated in New Jersey. Properties most frequently analyzed included large-scale, mixed-use, residential developments, apartment complexes, shopping malls, industrials, health care facilities, vacant land parcels, and special purpose properties including country clubs, marinas, and restaurants.
- Additional responsibilities included oversight of the organization’s selection of approved appraisers, and coordination of engineering reports and construction completion analyses for existing and developing properties.
Professional Committees – Past and Present:
- Admissions – MAI Subcommittee, Appraisal Institute, Metro NJ Chapter
- Regional Ethics and Counseling Panel, Appraisal Institute, National
- Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions – East Amwell Subcommittee,Consulting: The Economic Feasibility of Transferrable Development Credits
- Major Subdivision Application Review Committee – Chairman, East Amwell Township Planning Board (1995 – 2006)
- President – Round Top Mountain Property Owner’s Association, Plymouth, Vermont
Community Volunteerism, Memberships and Clubs:
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the United Way (Big Brother since 1985)
- Rotary Club of Flemington (Member since 1998)
- Rotary Homes of Hope Committee, Chairman, Water System Acquisition Project, Town of San Pablo, Ecuador
- Sons of the American Legion, Lambertville, NJ Squad #120, Member
- Vice Chairman, Planning Board, East Amwell Township, Hunterdon County, NJ (1995 – 2006)
- Flemington Tennis Club, Member
- President, High Ridge Ski Club, Killington, Vermont